Help my goldfish

Help my goldfish 2016-02-02T23:14:41-06:00
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      #15171 |

Hello Please help my goldfish. I got a goldfish/koi pond. I live in the northeastern part of pa. Normally it would start to be cold and ponds would shut down but my water plants are still growing and my water is still reading above 60. anyways I had help from a place called kens cattails and a lady that has ponds for over 25 years in making mine. What to put in it proper pump size i have a uv light killer.. I have a 125 gal pop and I had six fish I know thats a little much for that size but everyone said for the size of the fish it wiold be fine for now i’d just have to upgrade later or move them. so everyone was happy healthy eating. and the last few days about four days ago my fav fish died outta no where *she had whiskers like a kio but a body of a goldfish she was still to small to tell if she was a true koi or not. So lets say goldfish.* she was about four to five inches. she was eating very friendly acting normaly one day. I come out the next morning and she’s at the bottom dead. Now today I come out same thing happened with my spotted goldifsh, eating acting normal yesterday and today at the bottom dead. I am feeding them a wheatgerm that is for colder temps until the water gets closer to 50 i will stop feeding, but its still 60…… sorry above 60…. i dont want my fish to keep dying and idk what to do.

• Venus
      Keymaster

Because you didn’t note, I’m going to assume you have no idea what your water parameters are; very important. There’s really no way I can take a guess at what’s happening until I see these readings

If you have a master test kit; great. If not, can you obtain the following?
      ammonia, nitrite, nitrates, KH, GH and pH

You can either buy a kit at the pet shop or take samples of your tank (and tap to compare) for free readings. Ask for specific readings if you do so

Have you noticed any symptoms at all, such as gasping at the surface (looking as though they’re begging for food)?

Are the fish eating? Were the fish that died bloated?

Follow the instructions for this 911 water change

You’ll learn a little something more about water if you do, and your water will be better after the fact. Most sick fish are suffering from poor water quality, but we normally don’t see sudden death, unless you just didn’t notice any symptoms; some are difficult to read

You’ll notice that there are instructions for lowering water temps in the article. Lower temps to 64f per instructions

Keep us posted, Venus

After you finish up with the water change and when you have time, read the 10 steps found here; 10 Steps to goldfish keeping

• alice

Oh the suspense! O_O

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar