Website stuff that had to be done
Website stuff is the most challenging work I’ve ever done, but I’m getting better at it. As you’ve noticed, the site’s been down this week. It’s been under construction so to speak. The images have been compressed for optimazation. Bad links and clutter have been removed. Now it’s loading faster, which is convenient for us, but it also helps our ranking with Google
We’ve passed the website tests with flying colors, and it was no easy task
Still have some code showing up in some of the pages that doesn’t belong, so I’ll be working on that over the next few days. The settings for font and menu colors were changed at some point and time. I’ll be working on that as well. The good news is, our blog is back to normal. During all this, some how I broke the theme, and had to reinstall it. The theme has templates on it we use in our forms, so the sign in and up buttons stopped working along with the blog. What a mess. It was sort of like cleaning a house with a large family in it, that had never been cleaned
I didn’t do it all myself. I had a lot of help from some experts. It’s one thing to work on the administrative panel; the backside of the site, however, it’s another to repair codes. I’ve learned a lot during the process; learned how not to break the site
Now that the site is in such great shape, we can relax, and begin to enjoy it. We should start seeing the results of the makeover very soon. If you’re interested in watching our activity, click on the view my stats link in the footer.
My apologies to those of you that were inconvenienced during the down time. I don’t think any of us trust the site to be here when we need it right now, but in time, that will change too